Welcome to EPF's Newest Forums - Click Here to Join a Group

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Everyone who has transferred or has given the rank of HR+ must train the HR. After training, you MUST post a new thread in the "High Rank Trainers" of the person you trained.

Please only request your highest ranked group not all of them when requesting forum groups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoD Positions - Coded
<b>Board of Directors Positions</b>
<i>Written by daaf18</i>

The Board of Directors formed last week; an enormous new step for the EPF. But how do the Directors feel about their new positions? And what opportunities does this new system offer for other EPF members? Every director was interviewed, including the President himself. Here is a quick overview:

<i>Chris' and Advisors' roles in this system.</i>

First up, Chris (ThunderWolfX) and his Advisors, Donnie and Peter, will still be the "almighty bosses." However, with the President being Chairman of the Board, their roles will be a little different from before.

"[We will be] making sure everything is running smoothly," Donnie said. "Of course, the BoD will be doing the same thing (more department focused), [but] we will be looking over the whole operation. We're the almighty bosses."

Donnie means Chris, Peter and he will be around and will be able to step in where they see fit, but the directors will have full reign over their Department, meaning they can make changes as they see fit. The benefit of allowing Directors full power of their Departments is they don't have to run their ideas by the president, Chris or his Advisors. (Of course, within reason. If Directors do something that goes against EPF policy or Chris' ideas, his Advisors and him have the power to stop it). Even so, the Directors still can turn to Chris, Peter, Donnie or the President if they want feedback.

All SM+ who were interested could apply for up to 3 positions. Some specific questions  were asked about why each applicant wanted particular positions. Based on their applications, Donnie and Chris made their decisions of which EPF member received which position. This is the team they selected:

<i>President/Chairman of the Board - awesomeXMaster</i>

The EPF's new President, Kyle, aka AwesomeXMaster, will be the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and, therefore, will be the person who will to keep the Board together. Kyle is planning several meetings in the nearby future, making several documents, and making tight planning schedules, as his main tasks are to maintain activity, set up meetings, and keep everything within the new Board working smoothly. 

Originally, Kyle applied for the Department of Treasury, Development and External Affairs in that order. He wants to become an accountant in real life, so he felt Treasury was right for him, but he also likes web design and working with computers, as well as as making alliances with others and communicating with other agencies and people. 

This system will be a great change, Kyle said, as it gives people more to do. It will give the agency more activity. All EPF members will need to be active and work more and more on the Board of Directors. It will cause the agency to move forward more quickly and will boost population back into the sky.

Kyle feels like the team he’ll be leading is a “stacked” team, with which he can do excellent work. He wouldn’t have made the choices any differently. Kyle was surprised to be announced our new president but he feels the role of a president is to make sure his/her people are happy with the changes that happen around them. Kyle feels that since he knows that he’ll always put another persons feelings/thoughts ahead of his own in an attempt to make everyone happy, he fits the description well. Kyle will listen to whatever people have to say and will view both sides of every problem or choice. Therefore, Kyle thinks he will be able to make the best decisions for the EPF as our new president.

<i>Department of Treasury - fvrejez</i>

Our new Director of Treasury is James, aka fvrejez. James will be in charge of paying all EPF members from now on. He is first working on implementing the new Daily Pay system. This is meant to reward the hardest workers and, at the same time, motivate everyone to work harder. 

As of now, the Department of Treasury isn't quite set up yet. James has appointed Cheng (Ever_cws) as his first team member. He thinks Cheng is a great worker who is ready for more responsibilities. However, if there's any TM+ who would like to manage credits, James is always looking for new, hard-working members.

James applied for this particular division because he studies Business Administration and has always had a passion for money and finance. He's a very organized person and this department suits him. James feels like this BoD system will definitely help the EPF grow. Having an organized department that takes care of things like cash flow and events is vital in James' opinion. It will help the EPF to keep better track of everything and optimize investments. This department, and the BoD in general, are, therefore, a great change for our agency. 

<i>Department of Internal Affairs - Hunter1u</i>

Although Hunter was not available for comment, his role in the BoD is to, essentially, care for EPF members. Hunter will be responsible for investigating and reporting on potential abuse, general activity, management, policy, etc. He will also check in on all of the Divisions and step in when needed. Hunter will maintain the BoS and Blacklists, as well.

<i>Department of External Affairs - j0zh</i>

Our new Director of External Affairs is Josh, aka j0zh. Josh will be in charge of our alliances from now on. For a first change, he wants to sort out the EPF's alliances and try to add some new ones. Josh would like to encourage anyone who is social and would like to visit other agencies to join him in his department as he hasn’t gotten his team set up yet.

Josh applied for this department because he really likes to get involved, and because he wanted to be able to do more for the EPF. He thought he’d be good for this department because he’s a “people person” and he likes talking to people. According to Josh, this new system is what the EPF needs because it puts people into specific roles that weren’t there before and that will help the EPF grow.

<i>Department of Development - iamcool911</i>

As of this moment Ashley, aka iamcool911, will be in charge of our forums and website management. She will also continue to be in charge of the Weekly Bits. She has begun making specific forum parts for all of the new Departments as it is highly needed. Ashley already has a bit of a team set up, but would like to remain on the DL for a while. If any EPF members are interested in writing/editing items for the Weekly Bits, in forum/website management or in event listing, they should join the Department of Development.

Ashley applied for this department because all the tasks that are meant for the Director of Development were already part of what she was doing, and because she loves doing them a lot. According to Ashley, this system is what the EPF needs because it offers more specific roles to TM+ and it is a great idea to ensure a better future.

<i>Department of Public Relations - MisterSeann</i>

For Public Relations, the EPF's new Director will be Sean, aka MisterSeann, who was in charge of PR before, when he took it over at the end of 2015. Officially, there wasn’t a rank for it yet, but this department already somewhat existed. Sean applied for it, not because he thinks he’d be the best at it, but rather because he has the most experience and thinks that he can do a good job at organizing events. 

However, he feels that PR is hard to keep up as the population is dropping. He will need all of EPF's members' help to make this work. He wants as many people as possible to join his team, as he currently only has people who were already a part of PR before. Many of these members are inactive or have external positions now, so Sean needs TM+ members who want to dedicate their time to PR. Even so, Sean asks all EPF members to join PR and help him organize events and make the EPF a better place. He’ll make sure to give everyone loads of opportunities to lead, to serve and to be creative.

The first thing Sean wants to do is have a rank system for PR set up, as he feels that when people get an official title, they tend to work harder to live up to it (giving them a  greater sense of responsibility). This will help PR team members to contribute more to not only PR but to the EPF itself.

Sean isn’t certain yet whether this new BoD system will be the best, but he feels like it should be tested and used every opportunity. Although he is unsure if this is the best system, Sean feels like this is improvement; at least the Directors are much less controlled in their creativity and ideas and will be able to implement, or at least work out, more plans on their own.
Ashley [AK]
Advisor